Friday, January 15, 2010

Yellowish tint above my 10 month olddaughters eyebrow?

I was just wondering if I should be worried about a yellowish tint above my daughters eyebrows? Was above one now seeing a little above the other? What is this? Jaundice? Kidney? Sigh.....being a mother is stressful....LOL...Yellowish tint above my 10 month olddaughters eyebrow?
I would have it seen to, because it might point towards jaundice.Yellowish tint above my 10 month olddaughters eyebrow?
It could be carotenemia, in which an infant's skin appears yellow after eating a lot of foods that are high in carotene. These foods include carrots, squash, sweet potato, corn, yams, pumpkin, egg yolks, spinach, and beans. Other vegetables and fruits with a deep green or yellow color may also contain high levels of carotene. i would reccomend taking her to a M.D. and making sure it is not anything more
My niece has the same thing... I think that it is just a lack of sleep.. she has always been kinda orange.. when she was 6 months old she looked like she just steped out of a spray tan.. we thaught she was Jaundice.. took her to the doctor and turns out she was turning orange from eating lots of carrots.. LOL ... never new that could happen.. Im sure your daughter is fine.. But I would keep my eye on her for a few days... usually if there is any kind of infection they are running a temp.. so check it out.. if she is..then I would worry
My first thought was cradle cap... where it's around the eyebrows. Could just be a build up of oils, especially where she is prone to it. You could try putting a little vaseline on it and see if it rubs away a little with a facecloth.
It's probably just a bruise. Kids are good at them, especially when learning mobility.


Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, you can take her in and have the doctor check it.
Cradle cap can spread down the back of the neck and on the face. My daughter had cradle cap on both of her eye brows as well. No worries. Just keep putting lotion on it. It will go away.
I would say that if it is a yellowish tint and/or a little flaky that is it in fact jaundice!
It may be just a bruise. Probably nothing to worry about.
I would believe it would be jaundiced.





It should go down in a of couple days.
i think shes a little old for jandice but i have never heard of this, i think i would call the doc


did you have her in the sun or the heat at all?
could just be a bruise? maybe she put her head on the floor a bit too hard?
she might have just whacked herself in the head a bit while she was asleep if it gets worse see a dr but itll probably go away
a bruise?
probably light bruising. most kids btwn 9-12 months start fidgetting more in their sleep and rubbing their little wee eyes with a fist is common. they grow up fast don't they?
shes probably gonna die- sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment