Friday, January 15, 2010

Coloring/tinting eyebrows?

I am looking for info from anyone who has or currently colors or tinits their eyebrows. I am wanting mine to match my hair more closely since I have been having it highlighted. My eyebrows are now a little darker than my hair color and I want them to be more close in color.


How often do you have to have them redone..I am thinking the eyebrows don't grow at a rapid rate, but am just curious as to how often retouching would need to be done for this?





ThanksColoring/tinting eyebrows?
My color girl puts the color on my brows when she does my hair. It has to be done every time you do your hair but nothing bad happens as your hair grows out - your eyelash hairs just fall naturally and are replaced by new ones. Some salons discourage stylists from trusting clients and putting stuff on brows, but it is really no big deal. I was a master colorist for 7 yrs and I did it on people a lot.Coloring/tinting eyebrows?
I don't get my done, but I do them, I tell my client to get them retouched every other retouch of their hair.
dont do it yourself!!!!! it could drip into your eyes and you could have serious problems. if you're having your hair colored have the stylist do it for you
U could use eyebrow pencil instead of color
Actually its kinda dangerous to tint your eyebrows...Most products u would use are found at a professional store like Barnum's beauty supply or Sally's beauty supply and I think BUT i'm not positive that anything u would use from these stores would only be a temporary thing...Maybe last a week and eventually fade:)...Hopefully i helped u out a little bit.: )
If you are going just a little lighter maintenance is easy. You are right, they don't grow quickly so they should be done every 3-4 months or so.


If you have thin eyebrows it should last longer - some people's grow fast and are long so cut theirs to make them very short. The lighter you go the more the maintenance. Tinting using darker colors are easier to maintain since you can always use a pencil in between color, lighter tints won't work this way.


Also remember, naturally eyebrows are usually a little darker than the hair color. So don't go too different. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment