Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eyebrow tinting, need your opinions please!?

So, I have naturally dark hair and even darker eyebrow (almost black) I would like to dye my hair lighter, but i'm afraid its going to look bad pinned against my dark brows. I might tint my eyebrows to a medium/light brown, but I don't know anyone who has had it done. Are the results nice? Is it worth it? How often do they need to be touched up? Anything I should know before tinting the brows. Thanks!Eyebrow tinting, need your opinions please!?
The results are nice depending on if you following instructions. I have done both eyelash and eyebrow tinting on my clients, and one thing a lot of people will probably inform you about doing eyeBROW tinting is that you leave it on for very, very little time. The reason being is because it dyes very quickly and you do not want to get any excess on your skin. Use vasoline around the entire outer portion of your eyebrows (both above and below) so you don't get any dye on your skin. You can use either a Q-Tip, or a special brush for eyebrow tinting (it usually comes with the kit you buy). Brush it onto one brow, then go to the next and when you finish the second one, go back to your first brow and rinse off any excess dye with a Q-Tip and water or cotton ball and water. Whatever you like to use and feel most comfortable with.





I recommend eyebrow tinting to match your hair colour. If you have dark hair and light brows, the brows will stand out. You want to blend them into your hair as brows are the frame of the face, however not the centre of attention.





The last of it depends on the product you use as well as how well of a job you do with it. Normally, 3-4 weeks or a month is the average. I've seen it last 4-6 though.Eyebrow tinting, need your opinions please!?
I was watching a makeover show on TV and the guy doing the makeover actually used mustache bleach on the woman's eyebrows to lighten them. it worked, too! I just don't know how long he left it on her eyebrows. probably just a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment