Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eyebrow tinting and Brow Shaping? (I'm a guy)?

I have light eyebrows, especially as they head away from the nose towards each end of the upper eyes. I was considering going in for eyebrow tinting but am not sure if it is right for me. (also, i feel a bit odd going in and doing this though i'm sure it would be for the best?)





also...even though i have rather light eyebrows, they arent typical arches or lines. They tend to get bigger as they spread out. The biggest part is also the lightest. i hope you understand what im saying.





anyways... is eyebrow tinting and brow shaping the answer for me? That is if even eyebrow tinting is what i think it is? sorry im not a woman.





i live in los angeles and found this site. she has been on Tv and numerous magazines, she seems reputable. she charges $25 for the tinting and another $25 for the shaping i believe. here is the link...





http://www.kalologie.com/index.html





Should i do this?





Any valuable info is appreciated as i am completely oblivious to this world.Eyebrow tinting and Brow Shaping? (I'm a guy)?
Guys do it all the time and it looks great. Go for it!





I've been begging my fiance to get his eyebrows shaped but he just won't do it.Eyebrow tinting and Brow Shaping? (I'm a guy)?
no you don't
You can get your brows tinted by a professional if you want to. Don't DIY 'cause you can injure your eyes.





Since your brows get lighter towards the ends, don't worry so much about shaping. Keep in mind, that if you do pluck some hairs, the brows may appear lighter because they are less dense.





Unless it really bugs you, don't worry about it. Guys have way more flexibility when it comes to brows. The most serious issues are uni-brows or long, bushy brows.
I knew a guy who got his eyebrows shaped. They were so perfect, everyone suspected him of being a drag queen. I'm a girl, and like all girls, I can get away with shaping my eyebrows into a natural looking arch. Guys can't look so well kept without risking the above, so my advice is to keep a tidy yet somewhat scruffy look. If you have a unibrow, by all means get rid of it! As for the hair that scatters out from the brow bone, you can clean it up a little. If you have hair growing down to the crease, you might want to pluck those out, but leave the hair about a centimetre margin from the natural brow line, so you don't look too groomed. A good rule of thumb to define the length of your brows: take a pencil and line it up with the outside crease of your nose and the outer of the corner of the eye. Anything outside that line (towards your temple) can go. The same could be said for the hair outside of the line from your nose crease and the inner corner.





As for colour, I do it myself. I use the just for men stuff that is meant for beards. Pick a colour that is not more than one shade darker than your roots. Smear vaseline around your eyelid, sensitive areas, and stuff you don't want dyed, apply the stuff according to the package instructions, and wash off five minutes later (don't leave it on much longer than that!). Be careful with your eyes and this caustic stuff, but I find it works well and is a hell of a lot cheaper than going to the salon.





Hope this long winded explanation helps.
I've had eyelash tinting done several times by a esthetician in a reputable place. It lasted about 4-6 weeks. I was told it was a vegetable dye and safe. I know they also did eyebrow tinting and it was approx. $22.00 for each. I had no problems with the dye. Just make sure of the color you want because it does last. It sounds like both shaping and tinting should be done by the same person. Ask about adverse or allergic reactions with the tinting to be safe. I did buy a tinting kit for brows and lashes in a beauty supply store, but it's easier for a experienced person to do it.
I appreciate a man who takes some pains to look nice and well groomed....but this is a little to much for me.
If you're going to start tinting/shaping your eyebrows, you're making a good start by going to a professional--you don't want to do this yourself, ever (too much chance of ending up looking like Michael Jackson). Keep in mind that eyebrows require frequent maintenance--you'll be in the shop at least every three weeks. I've also read some articles about the person you mentioned, but I don't know anything about her personally. You can certainly get these things done cheaper, but it might not be a bad idea to start with the best you can find, who can correctly shape and tint your brows so that someone cheaper can then just ';copy'; that.
well if u dont like wat they look like no it wouldnt be wrong because i know some one who did it and it looked great

No comments:

Post a Comment